Have you jumped on the resolutions train, picked out that special outfit and decided who you’d like to spend the last minutes of the year with? No worries if not. I am excited to close out a busy, sometimes grueling and ultimately a free-for-all of a year. With business, work and worries about, I am focusing all my energy on bringing in the new year right with loved ones and friends I care about.
Nothing says celebratory statement like a festive tablescape that transports diners and invitees alike into another era of revelry. Thanks to my friends at Pottery Barn for collaborating with me to bring you all some New Years Eve party inspiration. I love all of their design services and got some great ideas at my local store on Knox Street here in Dallas from Jeremy and Chad. When picking out your decor and table accessories for occasion, thing of the environment you are attempting to create. Are you going for luxury? Possibly a downplayed and cozy take on an evening of exciting moments? These are all things to have considered ahead of your visit to your Pottery Barn location. Here is a play by play of creating the perfect tablescape:
- Pick the ideal table set up. For this particular New Years Eve, I am having a small and intimate, chic and cozy dinner party with a few friends. This amazing reclaimed table and chair pairing sets the old world tone but will be brightened up with modern embellishments to make things more personal for my guests. The reclaimed solid pine not only looks beautiful but also stands up to years of use. I also covet adding a wingback chair or two for dramatic effect.
- Dress it up. Your guests are wanting to indulge before they remember how many calories they’ve consumed during the season. Up that indulgent factor with your table dressings too.
- Go for a non-traditional faux fur table runner that is soft to the touch and begins the memorable moment.
- Toss a few of these amazing faux fur pillows about your chairs too for your loved ones to settle in and make it through games after dinner and drinks.
- Light up the night with tea lights scattered about to keep everyone well lit and make sure that all the pictures they take are superb.
- My last and favorite table accessory are these amazing vases from Monique Lhuillier, feel free to mix different sizes of these sparkling glass vases.
- Set up for success. When you pair the ideal accessories with great matching serving ware, you know it’s going to be a great night.
- Take charge. Every great place setting begins with an even greater charger. I wanted to incorporate metallics into my table this year, so the awesome design associate from Pottery Barn recommended these beaded chargers. It was love at first sight with the amazing texture they bring.
- You’ll likely be serving a boujee, over-the-top dinner to ring in 2018 so be sure to get the right plates and glasses for the job. With its distinctive coupe shape, the Pottery Barn Joshua Dinnerware offers a fresh, contemporary look for the table. I crushed on the salad plates and the dinner plates as well. For glassware I highly recommend using a few amazing water goblets and stemless champagne flutes.
- Silver Linings. Get your silverware game new year ready with a rustic meets modern approach. I am enamored with this masculine yet upscale flatware set. It’s particularly and richly distressed patina on each handle contrasts with gleaming tips to set off the entire tablescape in style. Pair your flatware with a classic ivory napkin tied up in a classy napkin ring and get ready to roll into a new calendar year.
It’s going to be a great night to celebrate the New Year’s Eve fun. Do it in stunning style with my table tips thanks to Pottery Barn!